The 2nd R-CCS International Symposium
— K to Fugaku: Simulation, BigData and AI technologies supporting Society 5.0 —
February 17-18, 2020, Nichii Gakkan Kobe Port island Center and R-CCS, Kobe, Japan
official site: https://www.r-ccs.riken.jp/R-CCS-Symposium/2020/
In Japan, a series of efforts to realize a “super smart society” or the so-called Society 5.0, where cyber space and physical space (or real society) are highly integrated, have been conducted under the 5th Science and Technology Basic Plan started in FY2016. The supercomputer Fugaku will play an important role for IoT, BigData and AI in Society 5.0, in addition to the application fields of the K computer. In order to sustain such a large-scale high performance computing infrastructure, it is important to construct an ecosystem on a global scale.
The 2nd R-CCS International Symposium will summarize the efforts of the K computer, retired in 2019, as well as discuss emergent application fields for the supercomputer Fugaku and the Arm HPC ecosystem. The symposium consists of oral/poster sessions, invited talks, and panel discussions.
We are planning to hold the supercomputer Fugaku tour during the symposium.
Abstract submission deadline : Dec. 23rd, 2019 (A.O.E)
Registration deadline : Jan. 31st, 2020
The symposium consists of keynotes, invited talk sessions, poster sessions, and panel discussion sessions. We invite submissions of abstract papers for / poster presentations. Presentations are encouraged that address topics including, but not limited to, the following:
Applications developed for the K computer and further developments
Applications for the supercomputer Fugaku
The ARM HPC ecosystem
Supercomputing in Post Moore era
– Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
– RIKEN Center for Advanced Intelligence Project (AIP)
– RIKEN Center for Brain Science (CBS)
– Social and scientific priority issues to be tackled by using the Supercomputer Fugaku (9 issues)
– High Performance Computing Infrastructure Consortium (HPCI)
– Research Organization for Information Science and Technology (RIST)
– Artificial Intelligence Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIRC, AIST)
– Foundation for Computational Science (FOCUS)