Workshop on Future Prospects of Hadron Physics at J-PARC and Large Scale Computational Physics in 2013
Date: Feb. 11 (Mon) – 13 (Wed), 2013
2F Conference room
Ibaraki Quantum Beam Research Center
162-1, Shirakata, Tokai, Ibaraki 319-1106, Japan
The workshop is intended to discuss hadron-physics projects at J-PARC and related large-scale computational physics among theorists and experimentalists.
The J-PARC started to operate at the beginning of this year after the recovery from the damage by the great east Japan earthquake on March 11, 2011. In order to promote theoretical activities on the J-PARC projects, the Institute of Particle and Nuclear Studies of KEK started the J-PARC branch of the KEK theory center from December, 2011 by visiting staff members in addition to permanent staff members of KEK.
On the other hand, the supercomputing system (“K”) of ten-petaflop peak performance started to operate in Kobe at the fall of 2012. The consortium of High Performance Computing Infrastructure (HPCI) develops computational sciences and technologies by the supercomputer. On particle, nuclear, and cosmological physics, activities are organized by the Joint Institute for Computational Fundamental Science (Tsukuba U, KEK, National Astronomical Observatory). These computational sciences have close connections to the J-PARC hadron physics.
The workshop will bring together theory and experimental communities to discuss the J-PARC and computational-physics projects. We had a similar workshop in February, 2012 as announced at
At the workshop of 2013, we discuss recent developments on the J-PARC projects and computational physics. We expect participants mainly from Japan; however, we welcome international participants.
1. Hadron physics at J-PARC
– Strangeness hadron and nuclear physics
– Exotic hadrons
– Hadron properties in nuclear medium
– Structure functions
– Charm physics
– Neutrino-nucleus interactions
– New ideas on J-PARC hadron project
2. Computational physics related to the J-PARC hadron physics
– Hadronic interactions and nuclei in lattice QCD
– Heavy quark physics in lattice QCD
– Nucleon structure in lattice QCD
– Large-scale computational nuclear physics
– Dense nuclear matter and astrophysics
Invited speakers (as of Dec. 19)
– M. Alford (Washington Univ.) ‘High density QCD and compact stars’
– D. Blaschke (Univ. of Wroclaw) ‘Physics of neutron stars’
– H.-W. Lin (Univ. of Washington) ‘Hadron physic on lattice QCD’
– W. Melnitchouk (JLab) ‘Nucleon structure’
– J. Millener (BNL) ‘Hypernuclear physics at J-PARC’
– K. Ozawa (KEK) ‘Hadron physics at J-PARC’
– T. Rijken (Univ. of Nijmegen) ‘Strangeness hadron and nuclear physics’
– K. Sasaki (Tsukuba univ.) ‘Hadronic interactions and nuclei in lattice QCD’
– T. Sato (Osaka univ.) ‘Neutrino-nucleus interactions’
– C. Thomas (Trinity College, Dublin) ‘Charm physics’
* The titles of talk are tentative.
We are still negotiating with a few candidates of invited speakers.
We also invite applications for contributed talks. If you are interested in participating in this workshop, please send the attached registration form by email.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Tokai.
A. Dote (KEK), S. Hashimoto (KEK), T. Hatsuda (RIKEN), E. Hiyama (RIKEN), K. Imai (JAEA), S. Kumano (KEK), T. Maruyama (JAEA), M. Oka (Tokyo Tech), T. Takahashi (KEK), H. Tamura (Tohoku)
Dr. Akinobu Dote
KEK theory center, Tokai branch
Ms. Kieko Iioka
Secretary, KEK theory center
We blocked 50 rooms in HOTEL CRYSTAL PALACE for participants including invited speakers from abroad. During the workshop period, a shuttle bus will run between the hotel and the workshop site every morning and evening. If you want to stay at this hotel, please send us the application form at the end of this document.
HOTEL CRYSTAL PALACE:
If all the 50 rooms are filled, we will ask you to reserve a room in other hotel by yourself.
Hotels are located in Tokai, Hitachinaka, and Mito-station areas. We expect to arrange bus transportation between the JR Tokai train station and the conference site in the morning and evening on Feb. 11, 12, and 13. The details will be announced on the conference web. You may consider the following hotels in the Mito train station area:
HOTEL TERRACE the GARDEN MITO
President Hotel Mito
Daiwa Roynet Hotels (-> choose Daiwa Roynet Hotel Mito)
HOTEL LAKE VIEW MITO
Mito KEISEI HOTEL
for English communications.
There is no registration fee; however, we collect 500 yen for coffee.
If you are interested in participating in the workshop, please send the following registration form by email.
* Deadline: Jan. 08, 2013 if you apply for a talk or financial support.
* Deadline: Jan. 13, 2013 if you do not apply.
——– cut ———
Subject: J-PARC hadron 2013-02, Registration
1. Name (first name, last name):
4. Phone number:
6. Arrival date:
7. Departure date:
8. Do you participate in the get-together party on Feb. 11? Yes/No
* The fee is about 3,500 yen.
9. Do you need lunch boxes?
Feb.11 (Yes/No), Feb.12 (Yes/No), Feb.13 (Yes/No)
* We recommend you to take the lunch boxes because there is no nearby restaurant. A lunch box costs about 700 yen.
10. Do you want to stay at HOTEL CRYSTAL PALACE? Yes/No
If yes, please answer following questions:
* Check-in date : Feb. ??
* Check-out date : Feb. ??
* Room type : Single/Twin ?
11. Do you want to give a presentation? Yes/No
If yes, please answer following questions:
* Oral or poster ?
* Abstract (in a few lines)
12. Do you want financial support? Yes/No
——– cut ———