The CNS has been promoting the theoretical nuclear physics under the project Priority Issue 9 to be Tackled by Using Post K Computer, “Elucidation of the Fundamental Laws and Evolution of the Universe”.
The CNS is calling for applications for a project assitant professor or Project researcher to promote Priority Issue 9, sub-issue B “Exploring the Origin and Evolution of Matter”.
- 1.JOB TITLE
- Project assistant professor or Project researcher
- Theoretical nuclear physics.
The successful candidates will work on nuclear structure physics based on large-scale nuclear structure calculations.
- Applicant must hold a doctor’s degree by November 30th, 2017 or should receive it by the time of the appointment.
- The appointment will be from February 1st, 2018 (negotiable).
The appointment is renewable twice based on a yearly evaluation up to
Health and unemployment insurance plans are available.
- 5.APPLICATION MATERIALS
- (1) CV (Format: http://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/news/jobs/index.html )
(2) List of publications/talks/etc.
(3) Research summary (two A4 pages)
(4) Future research plan (two A4 pages)
(5) Copies of three significant articles
(6) Names and contact details of two persons for inquiry about applicant
- 6.SEND TO
- Susumu Shimoura
Center for Nuclear Study, School of Science, the University of Tokyo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Hongo, Tokyo 113-0033, Japan
Applicants must write “Application documents for special researcher
(Post-K issue 9)” in red on the front of the envelope. Applicants should send the application documents by registered postal mail or express shipping service.
- 7.DEADLINE OF APPLICATION
- 30th November, 2017 (Japanese time)
- Noritaka Shimizu
Project Associate Professor
Center for Nuclear Study, the University of Tokyo
- We acknowledge, understand and embrace diversity.